Thursday, September 22, 2011

Chicken Pesto Pizza

I love Pesto.....and I love pizza.  I remember when I was in sixth grade and Domino's came out with a Pesto pizza, I thought it was the greatest thing ever.  I have since tried to create the best version I could.  This one is pretty great.

Ingredients:

1.5 cups of shredded chicken (rotisserie, or boiling and shredding 2 chicken breasts works too)
Pesto (I used pre-made from Trader Joes)
1 Beefsteak tomato, sliced into thin pieces
1 large ball of fresh mozzarella, cut into thin slices
1/2 - 1 cup shredded mozzarella
1 bag of garlic herb pizza dough from Trader Joes

Directions:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Flour counter top.  Take dough out of bag and let sit for about 20 minutes.

Prepare chicken.  In a small bowl, mix 2 tbsp pesto with chicken to coat. Set aside.

Sprinkle the bottom of a pizza pan with cornstarch.  Stretch dough out to sides.  Spread a thin layer of pesto over top. 

Layer thin slices of tomato over pesto.

Add fresh mozzarella slices. 

Add chicken, and cover rest of pizza with shredded mozzarella.

Bake for 20-25 minutes.

I could eat you all day every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment