Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Ma Dukes Hot Potato Salad

My mom made this pot salad for us this summer and it instantly became a favorite of mine and a staple in my house.  Ma dukes doesn't measure anything when she cooks, so you will have to feel the measurements out and adjust to your liking (when I made this for just me and Chris, I used half a bag of red potatoes).

Ingredients:

1/2 bag of red potatoes
1/2 onion diced
2 green onions, chopped
garlic powder
onion powder
parsley, chopped
oil oil
red wine vinegar
salt/pepper to taste

Directions:

Chop potatoes into chunks, add to a medium pot and add just enough water to cover potatoes.  Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through.

Drain and add to a medium bowl.

Add the onions, garlic and onion powder and mix well.  Drizzle olive oil on top, then drizzle red wine vinegar (i usually use a bit more vinegar because I like the extra tangy taste).  Add salt/pepper, mix well, then top with chopped parsley.

i love potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment