Thursday, July 7, 2011

Honey Chicken Kabobs

I love this chicken kabob recipe.  I stumbled upon it while mixing two things I love more than anything: honey, and soy sauce (odd, I know), and just adapted it from there.  I have made it about 5-10 times since then, most recently when my very best friend (and future bridesmaid!) Teddy came down for a weekend.  They were bomb.  This is scaled for a serving size of 6, but 3-4 could eat this, hands down. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

For the marinade - split these evenly into two separate bowls (one for chicken, one for veggies):
2 tbsp oil
4 tbsp honey
4 tbsp soy sauce
1/8 tsp ground black pepper

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch cubes
1 clove garlic
1 large red onion, cut into 2 inch pieces
1 red bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
1 green pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
skewers

Directions:

In two separate bowls, whisk together the oil, honey, soy sauce, and pepper. Before adding chicken and veggies, pour a small amount of marinade into a 3rd small separate bowl to brush onto kabobs while cooking.

Place the chicken in one bowl, veggies in another, cover with tinfoil and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours (the longer the better).
Preheat the grill for high heat.

Drain marinade from the chicken and vegetables, and discard marinade. Thread chicken and vegetables alternately onto the skewers.

Lightly oil the grill grate, I usually just use Pam for this (this is a MUST though- when Teddy was here, we were too excited to see each other and I forgot to oil the grate. Needless to say, the chicken stuck and I had to rip them off)

Place the skewers on the grill. Cook for about 10 minutes, until chicken juices run clear. Turn and brush with reserved marinade frequently.

Please note:  The veggie skewers will cook faster then the chicken, so I usually place those on the ends of the grill and cook the chicken in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment