Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Slow Cooked BBQ Pulled Pork Sammies

I am super excited to post this recipe.... not only because of how good and easy this recipe is, but because I accomplished something this past weekend that I have never done before - I caramelized onions for the first time!  Now I'm sure a lot of you are thinking, who cares, its simple, you're an idiot... but like baking, caramelizing onions is something I could not get right.  I have tried COUNTLESS times to do it, always changing something to get it right, following directions to a tee, but it never worked.  I burnt onion after onion, and after many wasted onions, I figured they just weren't in the cards for me.  I'm not sure how or why it worked this time (ok, I do know, I stopped stirring so much), but the food gods shined down on me and allowed me to make a large batch of caramelized onions for these sandwiches. I don't usually eat sandwiches, but this recipe is my only exception. It is that good.

Ingredients:

1lb boneless pork ribs
1 can beef broth
1/2 bottle Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce
Caramelized onions
Brioche rolls (they have mini ones at Trader Joes that work well for mini sandwiches)

Directions:

Add boneless ribs and beef broth into slow cooker.  Cook on high heat for 3 1/2 - 4 hours.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Remove meat, and shred with two forks. Transfer meat to iron skilled and stir in BBQ sauce. Bake in preheated over for 25-30 minutes.


Add BBQ pork to Brioche roll, and top with caramelized onions.





No comments:

Post a Comment